13.11.10

I'm an Alien

I am an Alien. Well I've always felt that I was different from other humans, but there is more. My mother is an Alien, and therefor, I must be an Alien. You see my mother Was born in Australia- up north in Toowoomba, and she now lives in the US. She has a green card, which oddly isn't green, but it classifies her as a legal Alien under US law. She has talked of becoming a US citizen, but has yet to do so. So I proudly proclaim, that I am an Alien
That said, what is it like for an Alien Mutt, living in Oz? Well I don't like cricket, or rugby, or Aussie Rules "football." like my British forfathers, football= soccer to me. I like that, but mostly for the short shorts. It doesn't seem to be very popular here. Of course I also Hate football, but I do like "America's Pastime," baseball. I grew up watching the Royals, and recall watching the 1 time they won the world series. I have ordered a DVD of the games as no one plays baseball here and it is one thing I miss.
The other thing I miss is peperoni and sausage pizza. It's almost impossible to find here, which is odd since I live near a large Italian population. They like to put BBQ sauce on Pizza instead of Tomato paste. YUCK!
As for politics, I don't understand Oz politics. I voted to kick Howard out, and the government has been better in some ways since then. I have watched a few bits of Parliament. It's more interesting than C-spann, because of the penchent for members to call others things like "an ignorant nong." Not quite sure what that is.
Also, when I first got here, I got a new uncle. Well there is a saying which basically goes. If you do this that and the other and (you'll do fine) only they don't say you'll be fine. They say "Bob's your uncle. Ironically, I now have an internet router/modem called "BOB." So my uncle is a machine. Maybe I'm part Alien, part cyborg.
Any questions from either side of the Pacific?
This Mutt is signing off for now.
share and enjoy

No comments: